Monday 14 September 2009

Festive fabrics & fireworks galore!

I was about to post this entry on Monday morning but then got totally carried away when I discovered it was National Cupcake Week! So, back to my original post for this week.............

I finished my old job last Friday and now have a blissful week of craftiness before I start my new one on the 21st. I have planned to get all my Christmas card designs, gift tags and festive accessories made this week and listed on both my online stores Folksy and Notonthehighstreet.com.


I have already ordered a wonderful Christmas felt pack from Lupin which has all the perfect colours to make all my designs. Last Saturday I then headed to Fabrics Galore on Lavendar Hill in SW London to buy some festive fabrics (above). FG is a fantastic shop and always full of new & exciting fabrics including Paul Smith, Liberty prints and Amy Butler. I always get very distracted so I had to makesure I went in for Christmas fabrics and only came out with Christmas fabrics..............it almost worked!! I was very controlled though and only strayed twice (see pink spotty fabric and cute floral print below). It would have been rude not too!


I have templated all my Christmas card designs and have all my fabrics and supplies so tomorrow is dedicated to finally getting some made, yippee :-) I will let you know as soon as these are ready for sale.

As well as my fabric trip last weekend I also went to the Thames Festival on Sunday evening. Having lived in London for 8 years I can't believe I have never heard of it until now. My bf, myself and some friends followed the wonderful carnival procession at 7.30 pm and then wandered around the food and craft stores on the southbank waiting for the fireworks display. It got a little chilly later on so we were praying the fireworks were going to be worth the wait, and they were. It was truely the most incredible display I have ever seen and roused our spirits for the journey home. I managed to catch some great shots on my camera so thought I should share a few with you. If you're in London next year make sure you go.

No comments:

Post a Comment